Thursday, June 27, 2019

Queen's Blade: Sword of the Unicorn, chapter 5-a

For the Touhou poll, "I'm aware it exists!" took it with 14v-42%, followed by "I know it's a thing" and "I know all about it!" with 8v-24% and 6v-18%, and then there were "I think I've seen something" and "never heard of it!" with 3v-9% and 2v-6%.
Hm, so it's not really that popular, funny that... are gungirls or shipgirls more in now? Or monstergirls...?

Anywho, next poll, funky QB places all around!

And we make it to the epilogue! Just a few more bits until the story is finished :3

Enjoy!




Epilogue: Start of a Journey, Destiny and Drifting Songs

The city of Sheldan was struck by a major disaster overnight. For whatever reason, its foundation crumbled away over a vast area, leading to 30% of the city to collapse inwards.

“Uh-oh…”
“It’s rather impressive when you think about it…”
Leina and Tomoe stood near the gigantic pit’s edge, thoroughly at a loss, the cause of the massive collapse having been the cave-in of the underground space Airi was using as a base.
“So, what’s next for you?”
Leina asked the foreigner, hoping to change the mood.
As discussed before their invasion of Airi’s lair, there’d be nothing stopping them from having their preliminary skirmish once everything was said and done--or at least, Leina thought so--,in which case…

“I’ll be chasing after that snake, of course.”
Tomoe’s answer came as a surprise.
“I simply must redeem myself.”
The priestess looked to the horizon, her eyes glowing with rage.
“I see, right.”
Leina mumbled apologetically. If Leina hadn’t lost her armor before their escape, then Tomoe would no doubt already be on Echidna’s tail by now.

“I don’t know how to thank you, Tomoe.”
“Please, it was a pleasure. We’ll meet soon enough for the Queen’s Blade, so let us fight without holding anything back then.”
“Yeah, count on it.”
And so the two parted ways, with the morning sun as their witness and the promise they’d meet again to fight someday soon within their hearts.

***

Her body was scattering…
Her very self, summoned and given physical form by her Mistress, was now frailly falling apart like a doll made out of sand. Airi’s mind despaired.
“I don’t want to… disappear…”
But this was the end. How an existence beyond death like Airi’s died.
“I mean, if you don’t wanna disappear then you don’t gotta, do you?”
In the darkness, a girl’s voice reached Airi’s ears.

[I hear something? A voice?]
The wraith opened her eyes and a frugal room bathed in gentle lighting caught her sight.
[This is nothing like the rooms we used in the Sheldan underground…]
“You still half-asleep?”
All of a sudden, Airi saw her own face peering back at her.
[A mirror? No, that can’t be. She’s wearing clothes, a mirror wouldn’t reflect that…]

“If you want another 5 mins, Airi, I can always go see the Mistress for you, y’know?”
The words spoken by the girl with the same face as hers finally snapped the maid out of her reverie.
“Melona…”
She spoke the copycat’s name.
[If she’s here, then I must be in Mistress’ mansion.]
“I’d rather you not take my shape whenever it suits you.”
“Ahaha, I even went the extra mile to copy your maid outfit too. Probably shouldn’t have bothered though, huh?”
Laughing cheerfully, the girl’s form twisted as her transformation came undone.
That was Melona’s true nature: a shapeshifter who could freely change her body in an instant.
“I-… Mistress must be furious, I imagine?”
Airi asked, anxiously.

“Nah, doesn’t look like it.”
“Really?”
“I mean, you probably wouldn’t be here if she was, right?”
Melona put a finger to her lower lip and tilted her head.
“Yes, you’re right. Aah, Airi sincerely thanks you for your consideration, Mistress.”
“You really do love Mistress, don’t ya?”
“Of course I do. There’s no such thing as a maid who doesn’t care for her master.”
“*Sigh* Yeah, yeah, whatever.”
“By the way, Melona, you didn’t come just to wake me, did you?”
“Whoops, my bad. I almost forgot!”
Melona lightly bopped herself on the head.
“Mistress wants a report.”
“Please say so sooner next time.”
The wraith nimbly got up.
“Ah yeah, before you head out to see her, you might wanna materialize yourself some clothes. Cuz, you’re kind of totally in the buff right now.”

***

1 comment:

  1. hey guys,just wondering if the mobile card game is still up?
    http://jp.apps.gree.net/ja/66024

    can't acess it anymore :(,woul be sad if it was shutdown since i prefer the old art instead of the new moe-like redesigns (older ones everyones unique)

    ReplyDelete