Thursday, April 25, 2019

Queen's Blade: Sword of the Unicorn, chapter 4-e

Regarding the WT starter gals poll, we got these results:

Nyx 10 15.38%
Melona 9 13.85%
Cattleya 8 12.31%
Menace 7 10.77%
Airi 6 9.23%
Tomoe 6 9.23%
Leina 4 6.15%
Irma 3 4.62%
Melpha 3 4.62%
Aldra 3 4.62%
Elina 1 1.54%
Claudette 1 1.54%
Echidna 1 1.54%
Alleyne 1 1.54%
Nowa 1 1.54%
Risty 1 1.54%
Ymir 0 0%
Nanael 0 0%

...Wait, Nyx winning, my waifu beating Airi and Nanael getting no votes? Now this I wasn't expecting at all :p

So next poll, some funky question about Laila!

And in this part of the story, we got one more pic as the masked woman reveals her identity! Who could it be? Who wouldn't it be!?

Enjoy!


“I’m relieved to hear you say that.”
Fio flinched, suddenly hearing Airi’s voice.
“Even I’d stand little to no chance three on one.”
Moving without so much as a step and as quiet as the night fog outside, Airi approached the bed restraining him. The woman made no effort to stand, preferring to remain seated while she waited for the maid:
“Although, that doesn’t make me your ally either, y’know.”
“That’s fine. Not having you for an adversary is plenty enough, elsewise, I’m rather confident in my victory.”

The way Airi spoke made it clear she knew exactly who she was dealing with.
“And were you so inclined, you could have attacked me back in the underground corridor anyways.”
“Oooh my, noticed me back then, did you?”
“Indeed. I have more than one set of eyes at my disposal.”
A spirit orb floated gently around the maid.
“‘Fight not battles thou cannot win.’ That is what my Mistress advised. ‘If thy loss seems evident, then flee…’”
“Smart Mistress you got there.”
The masked woman scoffed.
“I take it that means you’re sure you can take them on, then?”
“Yes. Were they to challenge me now, I see no reason for me to lose.”
“Oh, you think so?”

In fact, Airi had good reason to know so.
[Even if Miss Leina and Miss Tomoe were to find their way here, it certainly wouldn’t be in the best of shape. I near emptied Miss Leina of her essence back at the baths. By this point, she should hardly be able to move, let alone fight. As such, worrying about her is pointless.
And while I may have left Tomoe with a fair amount of strength, she’s likely to have encountered several undead and trap monsters along the way. Having to dispose of them while protecting Miss Leina, who will be struggling to stay on her feet… I rather doubt they haven’t run into a few too many hazards already. Plus, I’ve already fought MIss Tomoe once before. No, being pressured to try and escape with the young master as they are, I’m certain I can win so long as I stand my ground.]

A confident look in her eyes, the redhead turned her gaze to the only entrance in the room.
Just in time to see two people approaching.
The ones Fio had been waiting for, Leina and Tomoe.
“My, you made it here sooner than expected.”

***

“Act swiftly. That’s my motto.”
Leina answered Airi’s remark before stepping into the room where Fio was held.
“Likewise.”
Tomoe soon followed.
“Ah, it’s you!!”
Seeing the masked woman next to Airi, Tomoe’s tone filled with rage.
“Who is she? A colleague of yours?”
The two of them wearing the same priestess attire, it was a normal assumption for Leina to make.

“Don’t even jest! She’s my mortal nemesis!”
Absolutely livid, Tomoe unsheathed her katana.
“Remove that outfit this instant! You are unworthy of it!!”
Tomoe’s fury was so evident that even her katana’s tip seemed to tremble with it.
“Well, if you insist.”
The woman smoothly undid the waist sash holding her hakama together.
And the moment she did so and revealed her lower body, Fio got struck by a nosebleed, Leina found herself at a loss for words and Tomoe was given all new reason to be enraged.

There wasn’t anything even remotely close to underwear on the woman. Instead, barely concealing her privates, they saw a snake.
Among all the fighters known on the Continent, there was only one who could be that shameless.
The legendary mercenary. The dark skinned elf with the centuries long undefeated record.
“Echidna…”
Through gritted teeth, Tomoe spat out her name.
“Well, guess I don’t need the mask anymore.”
*Fwip*, the elf peeled it off with a grin.


“Have you sided with Airi, Echidna?”
Unlike the oddly emotional Tomoe, Leina remained calm.
[Echidna is too strong. If she’s working with Airi, then we don’t stand a chance.]
“That’s a no to that question. Although, I’m not your ally either, Princess.”
The mercenary declared her current neutrality to both parties.
[Then why is she here…?]
Neither side could guess.

“If you’re not Miss Leina’s ally, then you’re no ally of mine either.”
Tomoe broke the silence.
“You defeated me once before, and to make up for the humiliation you made me taste following that… nay, for the way you disgraced me, I request a rematch--”
“Ah, hold that thought.”
Echidna interrupted her.
“Before you let yourselves get distracted by yours truly, isn’t there someone else you should be worrying about? Keep your eyes on the prize.”
The elf poked Fio on the head.
“But first, the kid has something he’d like to say.”
Her eyes pierced right through him.
“Well, brat? Go on, say it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment