Thursday, January 31, 2019

Queen's Blade: Sword of the Unicorn, chapter 3-b

For WT catty's gender poll, "cat" won with 25v-59%, followed by "boy" with 15v-35%, and last was "girl" with 2v-4%.
I very much predicted everyone would see him more as a boy than a girl... but lol, I never expected the joke answer to get so much love :3

Next poll is about those funky chars exclusive to one particular manga/game/series!

And in the next part of the story, Tomoe brings up an interesting tidbit?

Enjoy!




“By the way…”
The moment the group entered the private room, Leina turned to face Tomoe.
“Yes?”
“I’d like to apologize, Tomoe. For earlier, I went too far.”
The blonde deeply bowed to the surprised priestess.
“Ah, you needn’t worry about it. I believe I said a little too much as well.”
And Tomoe accepted her apology.
“My lack of discipline did play a part in it, and so, allow us to let bygones be bygones.”
The brunette briefly thought back to her earlier blunder, a slightly dismayed look crossing her face.
“Thanks, Tomoe.”
Leina raised her head and gave a sigh of relief. Since Tomoe had brought them here, Leina knew the other wasn’t especially resentful… but she still felt the apology necessary first if she was to continue on:
“Shameless as this may be of me… While I’m at it, I have a favor to ask you. Do you mind hearing me out?”
“Of course, anything for a friend.”

Tomoe’s words weighed heavy on Leina’s heart.
[A friend.
We’re both rivals aiming for the Queen’s Blade, and yet she still considers me her friend.]
“Thank you. Just hearing you say that makes happy.”
“You’re very welcome. So, what favor would you like to ask?”
“I need your strength.”
Leina went straight for the point.
“Your powers are key to defeating whoever is after Fio.”
The only things capable of vanquishing the undead, such as skeleton swordsmen or spirit orbs, were people under holy protection or items under similar effects.
Both of which Leina unfortunately lacked access to.

“I can’t finish opponents like these, so if they were to come after us like they did before, reviving time and time again, I fear I’d soon get overwhelmed.”
The skeleton swordsman turning rotten and coming back for a rematch had been something Leina was wholly unprepared for.
“As is stands, I doubt I can manage protecting Fio on my own to be honest.”
Leina mouthed a soft ‘sorry’ to Fio.
[Regrettable as it is that I must renege on my oath to protect her, forsaking Fio entirely is out of the question. I wouldn’t be able to look at myself in the mirror if I did that.]
And so naturally, Tomoe’s answer to all this was...

“Defeating otherworldly evil, such is the duty for us Warrior Priestesses. I would be more than happy to help!”
The foreigner puffed out her chest with pride, beaming.
“Besides, I was rather hoping for my chance to make amends after that disgraceful performance back at the inn. I’ll be sure to show you the true power of a Warrior Priestess this time! Anything less would be inexcusable towards Lord Masakado.”
Tomoe openly voiced.
“Thanks, Tomoe, I owe you one.”
“Now, if you have need of my assistance, should I assume you have some sort of plan then?”
“But of course!”
This time, Leina was the one to proudly stick her chest out.
Incidentally, each girl’s bathrobe shuddered tremendously from the sheer volume of breasts underneath it whenever they did that. Something Fio made sure not to miss as she made mental comparisons between the pair and their pairs, continuing all the while to try not to think too much about the stimulus this might be causing her.

Taking no notice to the dancer’s plight, the blonde carried on:
“I believe what those scoundrels want is for this to become a drawn out battle. And so, my plan is simple: waste no time taking the battle straight to them and defeating their leader in one fell swoop.”
Leina had no reason to just sit back and twiddle her thumbs while the enemy prepared another undead, like the swordsman, to come fetch the girl. Her battle would never end until she defeated the mastermind behind those fiends and put a stop to their plan.
“In which case, I’ll need someone to watch Fio while I’m fighting.”
“Hm…”
Tomoe’s expression shifted to a pensive one.

“Even if we run, they’ll just follow. So we’ll settle things here and earn Fio’s freedom once and for all.”
“Running never was in your nature, Miss Leina.”
“Well, I run enough as it is just dodging my little sister.”
[Elina has considerably more experience than I do. If she caught up to me, I’d be in trouble, so I’d rather not fight her if I can avoid it.]
“Ah, Miss Elina you mean?”
“You know her?”
Leina couldn’t help her look of surprise hearing that name coming from Tomoe.
“Yes, I faced her around two weeks ago.”
[If Elina and Fio’s pursuers get the drop on us at the same time, we’re done for.]
“Where is she now? Please don’t tell me she’s still in Sheldan.”

[The Royal Guard is forbidden from acting out of the Earl’s territory without prior notice. I thought I’d be safe once I left, but things are never that easy, are they?]
“Oh no, I imagine she’ll be somewhere near the Iron Mountain or the Great Castle Wall by now?”
Both were points of interest located to the south of Sheldan.
“Why would she be there?”
“Because that’s where I told her I last saw you.”
*Heh heh* Tomoe boasted, her breast jiggling enthusiastically.
“Judging from what she was saying, she seemed to be after you, and as I didn’t want her getting in the way of your training…”
“Keep doing me favors like this and I’ll feel awkward, you know?”
“I just wanted to see you stronger for the main match.”

[Did she just imply that I’m weaker than her?
Sure, I can’t fight undead opponents as easily as she can, but that’s more an issue with the match up. I’m sure I could take her in a straight sword fight.]
“Oh? Would you like to see just how much stronger I’ve gotten tomorrow in the arena?”
[After taking care of the villains chasing after Fio, of course.]
“I thought you would never ask.”
The foreigner accepted her challenge with a fearless smile.
The steam drifting between the two almost seemed to sway with their fighting spirit.
Neither said anything, but both were already mentally playing out the fight in advance, reading each other’s actions while carefully considering their own. Lost in their own minds, the two fighters crossed swords time and time again within the realm of their consciousness.

Leina and Tomoe both stared at each other in silence.
“Leina? Miss Tomoe?”
The girl’s calls seemingly reaching neither, Fio decided it was time to act:
“STOP! STOOOOOP!!”
And so her yells brought the pair back to earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment