Saturday, September 11, 2021

Queen's Blade Unlimited Story: Chapter 9-2a(3)

What's Elina's reaction when she finds out about Michel's origins?

Enjoy!


The great war back then which caused Queen’s Blade to be established. How the angels had fought the “World Breaker”, and in order to seal her in Maramaks, they split up her magical powers. This power, not confined in Maramaks, became what was known as demon fragments and started affecting this world.
The fragments instinctively desired to be assimilated into the main body, which is why they aimed towards Maramaks. Their power was mighty, and as many adventurers faced them, they gave rise to many tales worthy of being song by bards.
 
“When the past Queens faced the devil, every time they shaved off the demon’s power, a fragment was created. I’m also… one of those.”
“So it was only recently that you were kicked out of Maramaks.”
“Yes. This flute too, it’s the part of a demon I inherited at the same time I was expelled from there.”
“How about that demon, then?”
“She’s across this gate, in Maramaks.”
“I could tell that much.”
“I needed a Beautiful Fighter in order to open the Gate and return to the demon. But any old fighter wouldn’t just do. It needed to be a fighter with enough power to face the demon.”
“Would that apply to me?”
“Yes.”
“I’m honored. Should I take it as me being evenly matched with the Founder Queen?”
Elina smiled fearlessly.

“Still…”
Elina’s image, as reflected in his eyes, suddenly started to blur.
“Why are you crying?”
“I was… trying to do something terrible.”
“What would that be? Is needing me to open the Gate something so bad?”
The blonde was confused. She didn’t see anything bad in his desire. In the first place, opening the Gate so she could get to Maramaks was something she was going to do one way or another.
“What I mean by “needed” is… I needed your life, Lady Elina!”
He raised his voice, a tormented expression on his face.
“When I lost my memory… it was only as an instinct, but I brought you here with the intention to kill you, for my own nefarious purposes...”
“Michel…”

The noble girl narrowed her eyes, and muttered with a slightly angry voice:
“Selfishness is best practiced in moderation.”
She lightly poked his forehead with her index finger, making him shed a tear.
“You need my life to open the gate? Hahaah, aren’t you just a kidder.”
His eyes went wide open as he waited for her to resume talking.
“So, do you want to kill me?”
“I don’t!”
His immediate reply got a smile out of her.
“I knew that wasn’t your intention. Maybe it *was* the instinct of the so-called demon that made you bring me here, though.”
“L-Lady Elina, p-please kill me. If I, a demon fragment, die, the main body inside Maramaks might weaken, and the Gate might open.”

The girl scowled at his words.
“Huuh? And why should I kill you? Isn’t it all due to Heaven cutting corners when sealing the demon, in the first place? This is what happens when you don’t clean up after splitting up the demon.”
Her anger against Heaven was quite clear.
“The bad guy is the demon on the other side! You’re not evil, are you? You’ve never killed, or even remotely tried to hurt anyone.”
The girl made exaggerated gestures, pointing alternately between Maramaks and the kid. Anger was bubbling up inside her. Against Heaven, to be exact.
If she were to give credence to his words, Maramaks was no paradise. It was a world of carnage where the battles to seal the demon continued even now.
Angels deserved to die for having sent her dear sister there.

 


“I can open the Gate. But there’s no point to it if either of us two have to be sacrificed. Neither me nor my sister will allow someone to be sacrificed if we can help it.”
“Lady Elina…”
She turned eyes full of determination towards him, and stood up straight. Then she looked beyond the top of the gate to Maramaks, towards the far blue sky.
“I’ll show you what a true ruler is!”
[Neither Heaven nor the Netherworld rule this earth. It’s the very humans inhabiting it.]
She held her fists tightly, and shouted at the top of her lungs.
“Heeey, Nanael! Come out, right noooooow!”

No comments:

Post a Comment