Thursday, October 25, 2018

Queen's Blade: Sword of the Unicorn, chapter 1-e

First of all, I'd like to remind you all that we're one month away from QB's next anniversary~, so if you got some pics of QB swag you'd like me to feature, you're still in time to send them my way, it's no fun if it's always the same guys :3

Regarding the previous poll about how Cattleya carries her huge sword, "don´t be silly, she just keeps them" and "hyperspace/cleavagespace" won with 16v-42% and 12v-31%. Then, there was "they vanish when off-screen" and "Rana keeps them" with 5v-13% and 4-10%, and lastly "they´re foldable" with 1v-2%.
Hm, well, I mean, "cleavagespace" isn´t something you´d disregard considering her... ehem, attributes, but I really thought the "foldable" option would seem more alluring than this, oh noes!

Next poll, we do a redux of the swamp trio poll! Obviously, it´s not because we´ve long run out of ideas for polls, whatever made you thiiiiiink that :3

And here we finish chapter 1! Is it time for the mysteries to be solved? Or maybe there's more in store...?

Enjoy!




Leina explained herself, grinning with a warm smile as she leaned closer to Fio’s eye level.
And falling well within Fio’s eyesight, the warrior’s heaving cleavage followed.
*Gulp*
Fio swallowed. The breasts gently swayed, pressed together by the warrior’s armor in a way that only helped emphasize their softness.
“Augh.”
The silver-haired child turned to look away from the blonde’s revealing outfit, taking a few deep breaths to try and calm herself.
“Something wrong?”
“...They’re huge.”
“J-Just what are you looking at?”
“It’s not like I was trying to look. They just happened to invade my field of view!”

[In situations like these, you’re not supposed to clearly admit to thaaaat!]
Mentally kicking herself, Fio shot a sidelong glance over to Leina’s dazzling figure. She hadn’t noticed it while the latter was fighting earlier, but the warrior’s outfit was pretty racy. While it managed to cover what needed to be covered, from the side, you could see a lot. In fact, it honestly looked about as effective at catching wayward strikes as it did wayward stares far as Fio could tell, her imagination already running wild just looking at her breasts.

“No need to worry, you’ll get bigger in no time.”
Clearly misunderstanding the smaller girl’s behavior, the blonde went on to say something that was completely off the mark.
[Looks like she hasn’t noticed my true nature yet.]
“L-Like I care that much about breasts.”
Having meant to calmly deny things but failing miserably in the process, Fio opted to simply turn away again.
“Well, why don’t we forget about breasts for now? Care to tell me your story over a meal instead?”
“A good idea, but alas, I’m broke.”
“That’s fine, you needn’t worry about the lodging or food. I never planned on having you pay me back anyway.”
“I don’t know… that’s just… much too kind of you…”
Fio tried sounding humble. Maybe too little too late given her earlier rudeness, but she didn’t have much choice. It was time to play up the part of the secluded young girl again.
[To be entirely frank, I’m starving. I haven’t eaten or drank anything since the moment I escaped.]
And what was worse, she really was penniless at the moment. Sure she could come up with more than a few ideas to make some coin, but without the stamina to attempt any of them, the point was moot.

[Not to mention what’ll happen to me if I go out on my own and those guys find me again…]
Having completely forgotten how she’d just attempted to silently escape through the window a few moments ago, the girl judged it wiser to stick with the warrior now.

The skills she’d shown fighting off the skeleton were wonderful and she had this naiveté to her that just screamed ‘good-upbringing.’
[If I’m right on that, then I can keep myself safe just by sweet-talking her. To that end, I should keep her thinking I’m harmless and powerless.]

That being said, if she intended to act the part of the lady, then crushing the skeletal remains of the swordsmen the way she did earlier was probably strike one… although, one could always argue she’d simply been panicked at the time. That could work.
“No need to hold back. You are hungry, aren’t you?”
The moment Leina said that, the tell tale signs of hunger rang out from within the girl’s stomach.
“Ah, no…”
Blushing bashfully, she shrank down.
“See? So you can stop acting tough, let’s go eat.”
Leina beckoned the girl again, a more serious look on her face now.
“Alright… Thanks for treating me.”
“Yeah yeah. Don’t mention it.”

Satisfied by the girl’s reply, the blonde puffed out her chest.
“By the way, I haven’t introduced myself yet. I’m Leina, I’m one of the fighters participating in the Queen’s Blade.”
“Leina?”
“Yep, feel free to call me just that. No need for honorifics, please.”
The girl quickly stifled her reply:
[Um, *excuse me*? What makes you think I was going to use any? Also, I was *right there* when you introduced yourself to that skeleton, you know?]
Doing her best to suppress her urge to reflexively retort back at her benefactor, Fio took a small breath instead.
“So what’s your name?”
“Fio… Fiotiel Shelagleed.”
[I suppose I can be truthful when it comes to my name at least; using a pseudonym is just asking for trouble anyways. If I don’t react naturally when she calls me, then the jig will be up.]
“But you can just call me Fio.”
She added, with about as humble a look as she could manage.
“Great, Fio then. Let’s continue downstairs. The shopkeeper has a meal prepared for us.”

***

The thing replaced its broken parts with suitable replacements, then began moving anew.
It’s mission; to bring back the girl in the white dress. It would keep moving until its goal was achieved.

With a rattle, the skeleton swordsman rose up from its corner within the city garbage dumping station, located far aways from downtown, sending several stray cats foraging for food scrambling in a panic.

Ignoring the animals, the creature slowly began walking away under the moonlight.

And from a rooftop just across the street, someone watched it.

“Oooh, just as I expected.”
It was a masked woman, slovenly dressed in priestess garb.
She seemed to frown, having just seen how the skeleton looked when it emerged from the filth.
“Uwaah, talk about a gross revival thing you got going on there.”

The parts destroyed in its fight against Leina had been replaced with raw garbage now, from which a putrid stink wafted. And as it ambled down an alleyway, chunks of rotten seafood continuously dropped from between its ribs.
“I’d hate to fight something like that.”

Cutting it with a sword, hitting it with a club or crushing it with an axe would only be asking to get rotten juice sprayed all over yourself. For the briefest of moments, she tried imagining how a fight against such a thing would go--against her better judgement--, and instantly regretted the thought as her face crumpled in disgust.

“Guess that kid will have to deal with it, won’t she?”

She grinned behind her mask. A fitting punishment and price to pay for not making sure her adversary had been properly finished off.

“Well, I know where it’s going. So I guess I’ll just go on ahead.”

Muttering to herself, the masked woman hopped away, catching the wind with her priestess attire as she swooped down into a back alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment