Saturday, December 4, 2021

Queen's Blade Unlimited Story: Chapter 10-3b(1)

For more QBLB, we got a funky elemental system going (Power > Tech > Soul > Power), with Fight and Break countering each other (kinda familiar for any gaming aficionado I guess?): 


Plus, FS drew a couple Echi pics the other day! (this is the tamest version):


As for the story, just one more bit until we finish...?

Enjoy!

The End of the Battle and the Beginning of Queen’s Blade


When they crossed the Maramaks gate, they found themselves at the same mountain top Elina had climbed to get there. It felt a little chilly, but not nearly enough to freeze them over.
“That’s the end of it.”
Behind them, the gate shone and faded away into thin air.
That world no longer existed. At long last, it had entered the realm of legends.
“What will I do from now on?”
For Leina, who had accepted Nanael’s invitation and had gone in to defeat the Demon, the purpose of her trip was virtually achieved.
“Big Sister, return to the Earl territory...”
She knew what her older sister was going to reply, but as a member of the Vance, she had to ask regardless.
“I can’t do that. I do have a promise to fulfill.”

Elina nodded profoundly, remembering what Risty and Leina had been talking about. Go back to the Earl territory, and you might never leave again.
“I’ve finally made my way out into the world. How does my strength measure up, what kind of techniques are out there? It’s full of questions I want to find out.”
It didn’t look like Leina ever intended to go back.
“What about coming with, Elina? I’m sure it would be fun.”
The young girl’s heart skipped a beat when she heard the invitation from her beloved sister.
Certainly, travelling with Leina would be fun. However, that was not her journey to make.
“I’m sorry, Big Sister.”
“Elina?”
“I can’t go with you.”
The other made a sad smile, only for a moment.

“My perspective is totally different from yours, Big Sister. My trip is not only to discover myself; as an eventual Queen, I want to travel the Continent to obtain all I need to rule over it.”
Elina turned her sight to the magnificent landscape that spread before them.
“And I won’t be alone. I’ll have Michel and all my friends who follow me!”
With that, she pulled the boy closer.
“Lady Elina...”
Seeing the two snuggling together, the older sister gave a sigh of relief.
That wasn’t the younger sister she used to know. She had grown so much, just picking up the Earl’s sloppy seconds would no longer be satisfying for her.
“Sigh, I was dumped.”
Laughing, Leina spread her hands.

After leaving the Earl territory, her sister had gone on to discover the world, meeting many Beautiful Fighters along the way. And that had precisely been the key of their victory against the Demon.
[It wasn’t just me who obtained the victory, Elina served it to me in a silver platter.]
“Thanks... Elina.”
Saying thanks face-to-face felt a bit embarrassing, so she only whispered it.
“Don’t worry, Big Sister, for Elina, you’ll always be number one.”
One could wonder if Leina’s feelings had made it through to her. In any case, after smiling at her sister, she looked at Airi and Melona as if nothing had happened.
“What will you girls do?”
“Hm~~~~, for now I’ll go back to the witch. Since you came rushing everybody, I have to smooth things out and stuff.”
“Thanks, Melona. We really were lucky to have you here.”
The so-called ruler gave her heartfelt compliment to Melona.

In fact, without her, they wouldn’t have been able to bring Michel back. And it was also thanks to her that Michel could remain as a human now.
“Eheheh, we’re friends. It goes without saying that we’d help each other, no?”
With an awkward laugh, she turned her shape into that of a giant bird.
“Say, Melona... you rebuilt Michel by taking out the Demon parts from him, didn’t you?”
“Sure did. So, he’s a normal human now. Don’t go doing anything stupid now, hear.”
“Understood. So, what happened with the Demon parts?”
The unexpected question made the pink girl stop moving for an instant.
“Hmm, I spat it out into Maramaks. It wasn’t tasty.”
“Oh ok, that’s fine then. Something to keep in mind if it resurrects, however.”
“If it does, let’s blame the angel, shall we?”
As the shapeshifter seemed to be having a cold sweat, she turned her gaze to the maid, who was diligently helping the boy dress.
“What about ya, Airi? The witch was going like, it’d sure be nice if you dropped by sometimes.”
“Melona... I was re-summoned as Lady Elina’s servant, was I not?”
“Oh, maybe our witch just forgot.”
“It would appear so.”
“Oh, no big dealio then. I’ll give her all the deets the same.”
“I would appreciate that.”
“See ya then, Airi. Have a good one, Elina!”

She flapped her new wings vigorously, and soared into the sky.
Elina waved her off enthusiastically.
After her colleague left, the wraith timidly turning towards the blonde, and asked in a low voice with upturned eyes:
“My apologies, Lady Elina. If I may be so bold, I would like to continue serving you... would that be acceptable?”
The other gave a sigh that turned into a smile.
“Well that’s obvious, isn’t it? Our pact is still valid. It’s my duty to take care of you. Let’s keep looking out for each other, Airi.”
“Yes, Lady Elina!”
 

“Now, Big Sister, let’s go down the mountain together, at least.”
With a turn, the younger sister took hold of the other’s hands.
They were warm and soft. The hands of her beloved Big Sister.
“So, let’s go. We have to go back to the city before it gets dark!”
She walked hand in hand with her sister.
In the future, they might fight each other as Beautiful Fighters.
But, they could enjoy that moment together for now.
 
***

No comments:

Post a Comment