Saturday, April 17, 2021

Queen's Blade Unlimited Story: Chapter 7-1c(2)

The situation with Ymir takes a turn for the weird, and Airi is forced to take action...?

Enjoy!


“So if you’re able to pull this string and take the underwear, that’s as good as a marriage proposal.”
The dwarf was wearing it again now, but there was no doubt the boy had taken it off then—albeit accidentally.
“I-In other words... Sir Michel...”
“Proposed to me, yeah he did.”
The sudden turn of events left Airi incapable of speech.
“Now, come with me and the kid.”
“I-I cannot approve of that.”
Having regained her wits, the maid stood between them, protecting the boy.
“Ooh, so what are you gonna do?”
“I shall refuse your offer.”
“I was humiliated, you see~”
Ymir covered her face in an unnatural gesture, wriggling her hips.
 

“Ugh...”
That made Airi shrink back despite herself.
[Still, I cannot leave it like this.]
“H-However... unless you obtain permission from my Mistress, I will not allow you to take Sir Michel!”
The wraith did a big boast, her scythe poised.
“A fight, then? How amusing.”
The other grabbed her battle axe, a grin on her face.
“I accept! The Iron Princess Ymir challenges you to a Queen’s Blade!”
A shining emblem appeared along with the declaration.
“Airi, Infernal Temptress! I accept your challenge.”

However, they were underground.
When the two emblems collided, a pillar of light shot towards the sky... but unlike usual, it wouldn’t reach that high. Upon meeting the ceiling, the light just scattered.
“Riiiight on, here comes the great Nanael!”
After both declared their intentions of running a Queen’s Blade, the Referee Angel appeared in the underground space.
“Now, both of you, state your requests.”
Prompted by the blue-haired girl, the dwarf looked up and gave a loud declaration:
“My request is to take that Michel!”
“My wish is to prevent it.”
“Whoa, nice and simple, I like it.”

The angel looked at the stunned boy and grinned:
“You again...? Well aren’t you popular.”
She muttered, then took in a big breath.
“Now, show me a good fight! O beautiful fighters, show what you’re made of without reserves, fight with all your very best! A fight worthy of Queen’s Blade!”
With the announcement, Airi and Ymir took action.
Both weapons were long, so the swings were consequently wide.
When it came to striking force per blow, the dwarf held the advantage. However, Airi did have a trick up her sleeve: as a rightful wraith, she wouldn’t be hurt by any weapon that wasn’t blessed or magical.
In the past, she had been beaten by the Kouma ninja, but that was only because they had come prepared to deal with someone of her kind. The chance of Ymir—a random encounter as it were—possessing any such countermeasures was something Airi’s mind couldn’t begin to imagine.

“You’re pretty fast.”
The short girl admired the other’s speed. It wasn’t an overstatement to say that the speed Airi was using to wield her scythe was remarkably fast; it was comparable to the speed of a throwing dagger.
“But you’re also easy to read.”
The axe parried the other weapon with a dull sound.
“So... heavy?”
The unexpected response puzzled the maid.
“You’re calling me heavy? Now that’s rude.”
Pouting, Ymir rotated her battle axe, loosening her grip.
By using the centrifugal force, the handle extended visibly, catching Airi as she tried to jump back, cutting off her maid clothes from the right side.

“Guhah!”
A shock ran through her body, wraith or no wraith.
“Think fast, here’s another!”
The dwarf spun her wrist.
With just that minimal movement, the blade that had come from the right returned, not giving the other time to fix her posture.
“Kyaa!”
Airi could do nothing but shriek.
[This weapon is dangerous. Despite my ethereal body, it can cut me.]
She could instantly picture what would happen if they kept fighting for longer.
[Ymir’s wish is to take Michel. If it is just that, we can always find a way to deal with it afterwards.
It is more important that I keep protecting him, avoiding the risk of disappearing here.]

The maid released her weapon, putting her hands up.
“Ooh, you giving up?”
The battle axe stopped right at the very verge of touching her flank.
“Yes, I surrender.”
“Eeh~, you call me all the way here just for that~?”
The unexpected outcome made the angel pout, clearly dissatisfied.
“Then, follow me with the kid. A maid taking care of him works just fine for me, too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment