Saturday, July 3, 2021

Queen's Blade Unlimited Story: Chapter 8-2b

Time for Leina to go around fighting other gals...?

Enjoy!

First Queen’s Blade


The armor from her mother Maria fit her body very well, eerily so. It’s almost like she had had it tailor-made.
She finished her travel’s preparations, hid her body in a coat, and left the Earl’s grounds without being noticed by any of his men.
[It’s a pity I couldn’t say goodbye to Elina, but it’s not like I have a choice. If she realizes I’m leaving, she’ll insist on coming with me, and if I refuse, she’ll certainly try to stop me.]
“Oh gee, someone actually made up her mind~”
After leaving the castle, Nanael called her from overhead.
“Say, Nanael.”
When she looked up, polka-dots underwear appeared in her field of view. Even if they were angels, it seemed they didn’t dress any different from humans.

“Whaaat?”
“Am I really that strong?”
“You are. You have the guarantee of Miss Nanael here.”
Despite her saying that, it still didn’t raise the blonde’s confidence.
“What is it? No confidence?”
“I do have confidence. I’m sure I wouldn’t lose if I fought you.”
“You sure talk the talk, at the very least.”
The angel grinned.
“Well, you need to be about that cocky, or you’ll be in trouble.”
“On that matter...”

Leina took the chance to address something:
“I want to test my abilities as a Beautiful Fighter. I want to know how strong I really am.”
“In that case, you’d better do a Queen’s Blade.”
The blue-haired girl put on a pensive face for a while, and then opened her eyes wide:
“Oookay, I’ll get you a match.”
“Can you really do that?”
“Who do you think you’re talking to? I’m the great angel who controls Queen’s Blade!”
Slowly and soundlessly, she landed on the ground.
“Hm~~~”
Then closed her eyes, putting a finger to her temple.

“What are you doing?”
“Wait... wait for it... who’s around right now...”
After a few seconds, she opened her eyes again, excitement written all over her.
“Fouuund one!”
“Who is it?”
“How about the Bandit of the Wilderness Risty?”
The blonde clenched up her fists when she heard the name. Stories about the female thief who fought unscrupulous merchants and corrupt nobles had reached far and wide; Leina having caught wind of them was only proof.
“C-Can I fight Risty?”
She couldn’t help her voice from raising a few octaves.
“You can. Anyone you like, for that matter.”
The words made Leina feel a rush of excitement she found unable to contain.
 
***
 
“Winner: World Savior Leina!”
Nanael’s victory declaration echoed through the stadium, brimming with the audience’s cheers. Leina’s first fight against a Beautiful Fighter had ended in victory.
“You’re a tough one... aren’t ya.”
The redhead muttered on her knee, steadying her breath.
“To be honest, I was looking down on ya, I thought this was just a noble daughter’s whim.”
“I can’t blame you for doing so.”

The heiress put her sword away, and looked at her adversary. Among the battles she had fought so far, Risty had been the strongest opponent. If the arena had many Beautiful Fighters like her, she would be able to enjoy the competition.
“Did that work for your confidence?”
She gave a hearty nod to the angel’s question.
[I’m not weak, not by any conceivable measure. I must be rather strong. However, I can’t be conceited.]
“Ok, the right of the winner then. Tell me what you wish your opponent to do.”
Risty made a bitter expression when the blue-haired girl said so:
“Fine, out with it. I’ll accept whatever.”

That was the fate of the loser: fulfilling the winner’s request, no matter how unreasonable it was.
“Wanna make me your underling? Or give the audience some fanservice?”
Leina shook her head.
“Never mind that, let’s just fight you and I another day.”
Her words made Risty’s expression into a really comical one.
“That’s my wish.”
“You really sure?”
“That’s all I need.”
The blonde smiled, and reached out to her foe.
“Well, aren’t ya a true blue noble.”
 

The bandit took her hand, even grumbling in embarrassment as she was.
“Just don’t think I plan on losin’ next time too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment