Saturday, October 3, 2020

Queen's Blade Unlimited Story: Chapter 4-2b(1)

And we get to the Melona fight many were waiting for! With a chapter title reminiscent of one of the novels, too. 

Enjoy!


Chapter 4: At the Witch’s Den (Part 2)

Fierce Battle! Elina vs Melona (1)


“Well well, thought you’d never call… HEY!”
Nanael, descending after Elina declared the start of a Queen’s Blade match, couldn’t find the words.


“H-Hey, isn’t this the Swamp Witch mansion? What’s your problem!?”
From her vantage point, she looked at the two Beautiful Fighters standing on the house’s courtyard, joined by the witch and her servants spectating.
“Nanael! Hurry with the opening statement!”
Elina shouted towards the sky.
“Not gonna listen, are ya? Fine, fine… (I wonder if it’ll be okay~)”
Once the Vance girl made sure the angel was on board, she spat, spear in hand, at her foe in front:
"My name is the Inescapable Shadow Elina, and any who hinders my pursuit shall fall to my blade!"
As she declared so, a shining emblem emerged.
“Aww,  that’s so cool.”
For her part, Melona also announced, sticking out her fist:
“Protean Assassin Melona!”
“Both of you, state your request.”

Prompted by Nanael, the blonde raised her face:
“My request is only one, summon Airi again! That’s all.”
The witch had said that fighting a Queen’s Blade match in front of her would be enough payment to go ahead with the summon.
[Still, it won’t hurt to make it doubly sure. I’d rather have it as a Queen’s Blade wish.]
“Oh? You’re stating your wish outright? Color me surprised.”
Nanael giggled.
“Stop laughing. I’m serious here.”
“Got it, got it, my bad. And you, whatsyourface?”
“My wish…? I want to be Elina’s friend, I guess?”
“Eh?”

Elina didn’t quite know how to react to that. She had no idea why she was even bringing up something like it now.
Not to mention that for Elina, who didn’t have any acquaintances her own age—as one would expect from her status as one of the Vance princesses—, what people called “having friends” was kind of a tough concept to grasp in the first place.
“I told you, I was gonna use you.”
The pink girl said, a smirk on her lips.
“Now, show me a good fight! O beautiful fighters, show what you’re made of without reserves, fight with all your very best! A fight worthy of Queen’s Blade!”
At the same time Nanael proclaimed that, the two emblems collided, then vanished while spreading light.

[How does she intend to fight?]
Elina took a suitable distance, carefully observing the defenseless shapeshifter.
Melona might have been taking on a human form at the moment, but she was actually amorphous. If she became liquid (like back at the mansion gate) and hid into the floor, attacking her would be pointless.
[Is she someone I can even face with just my spear?]
She didn’t know if her weapon would work on her foe at all. What she was beginning to understand was, she had come to this Queen’s Blade fight woefully unprepared.
Still, only one thing to do.
“I don’t have the hobby of spearing my friends though.”
[Not like it matters, because we’re not friends, are we?]
Elina made up her mind, and thrust with her spear.
On the other hand, Melona surprisingly didn’t evade, choosing to face it head on.

[No, this isn’t her facing it head on. She just doesn’t care.]
The spear went through her opponent’s body like a hot knife through butter, barely giving off a response.
“Whoa, lunging at the heart. And you didn’t even hesitate.”
Melona laughed, the spear still sticking out of her chest.
“Well, I can do… THIS!”
The shapeshifter hardened the area around her chest. Just with that, the spear piercing her became stuck, as if caught inside the hardest rock.
“Kuh! Putting on a bit of a show, are you?”
“Nyufufufuu… Oh you Linny, you’ve only fought humans, haven’t you?”

Without warning, her foe loosened her grip on her chest, making the spear come out and throwing Elina’s stance into disarray.
“I don’t think that’s gonna fly from here on, so lemme teach you a lesson.”
The pink girl then approached Elina, as her body morphed to and fro. It wasn’t a human movement like walking or running, it was the motion of a completely alien monster.
There was no way Elina could predict what her next move would be.
“So should I be thanking you, or something?”
Elina used her claws to cut off the fingertips of the looming foe.
[If I cut her off into bits, maybe she won’t be able to recover that fast.]
Relying on her last ray of hope, Elina kept attacking relentlessly.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment