Saturday, December 19, 2020

Queen's Blade Unlimited Story: Chapter 5-2a(2)

For this week's news, as spotted by my partner, a second part of the Senran Kagura QB collab was announced here (around 17:30), apparently for February, so if you liked the first part, you can look forward to it:


Now, Elina and Melona's adventures with Irma continue!

Enjoy!


After getting off the highway, running through the jungle and their fair share of fighting wild beasts, Elina and co finally reached the rocky mountain that was Echidna’s hideout.
“Ooh... pretty good, isn’t it.”
She couldn’t help but admire the place. It only took a careful look to see traces of reliefs, their patterns long lost after years of exposition to wind and rain.
It seemed that rocky mountain was the ruins of a temple built by an ancient civilization.
“What’s ‘pretty good’?”
Melona asked, stretching her body.
“That rocky mountain. I’m thinking maybe it’s man-made.”
“Really?”
“How about it, Irma?”
“You have quite a good eye.”
Irma corroborated her suspicions.

“This might be Echidna we’re talking about, but isn’t living inside a cave more fitting for a barbarian?”
“What do you take my teacher for, exactly?”
“A snake woman.”
She cut her right off.
“Dear me, my fame precedes me, right?”
Echidna’s voice sounded all of a sudden.
“Teacher, my apologies.”
“Ah, Irma, good job guiding them... quite an amusing getup you got there, however.”
Irma’s cheeks went red at the half-teasing voice of her teacher.
“Where’s her voice coming from?”
“Hm~, maybe from this?”

To answer Elina’s question, Melona presented a silver snake she had captured inside her body.
“It seemed interesting, so I caught it~. But, it’s not alive.”
“Oh dear, looks like li’l princess Elina got an amusing companion.”
The elf’s voice sounded from the snake’s mouth.
“As long as you can hear us, I don’t care.”
Elina moved her face closer to the snake, and made her demand:
“Let Michel free. If you don’t, I’ll humiliate your cute pupil here, and we’ll rough up your hideout too.”
“T-Teacher! Don’t worry about--...!”
Melona filled Irma’s mouth.

“And your reply?”
“Hm~~~, quite a pity, isn’t it?”
“A pity?”
“Michel isn’t here anymore.”
“Come again!”
Elina’s roar was out of her lips before she could notice.
[Did the boy escape on his own, or did she use him in some kind of shady dealing?]
“Some people came to take the boy back, so I left him with them. Just go and ask them nicely, and they’ll probably give him back to you, li’l princess Elina.”
The silver snake struggled for a bit, and crawled out of Melona’s body.

Elina frowned, mulling it over.
[Was this all in vain? No, that’s yet to be seen.
So, an opponent that would make THE Echidna release a boy with barely any resistance on her part... I need more information before I go right away to follow Michel.]
“There’s something I want to ask. Let me get in over there.”
“I don’t mind you coming, but I’m not saying anything.”
The mercenary turned on her heel, and went back inside the cave.
“That teacher of yours is surprisingly ruthless.”
Melona murmured, still keeping Irma bound.
“Kuh...”
The assassin bit her lips with chagrin. To Melona, it felt like the girl wanted her dead, which only made the shapeshifter grin.
“Melona, don’t tease her and let’s go.”
The three of them followed after Echidna, walking into the cave opened in the rocky mountain.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment