Saturday, September 26, 2020

Queen's Blade Unlimited Story: Chapter 4-2a

Now, the news for the week is undoubtably the upcoming QB collab in Venus 11 Vivid, running from October 21st to the 31st, which will feature Elina, Airi, Nanael and Tomoe in the soccer gacha!


Which uh, I don't suppose I need to remark how weird it is? I mean, sure, Tomoe did make a subtle tweet once about the olympics, but still, soccer...?

Anyways, continuing with the story, it's the first time since the Rebellion sisters that someone goes and faces the witch! And for reasons, this bit doesn't even have a sub-title to it (maybe "Rough Negotiations"?) What's gonna happen?

Enjoy!

Chapter 4: At the Witch’s Den (Part 2)


“Kuh...”
Elina felt shivers running down her back; that was her body’s reaction when facing such an overwhelming power.
[No doubts about it, the Swamp Witch is strong. Only someone like my Stepsister Claudette could stand up to her unfazed.]
The Vance girl noticed how her own courage was slipping away, and clenched her fists.
[I can’t falter here.]
“Yahoo, witch, how’s it hanging?”
Melona addressed her as casually as one would a friend.
“I am in valorous health, Melona.”
The witch’s sweet voice answered gently. However, the intimidating atmosphere didn’t let up, even for a second.
“Mine name is the Swamp Witch. For what purpose dost thou visit mine abode?”
The witch’s gaze fixated on Elina through the screen.

[I can’t see her from here, but she must be seeing me crystal clear from the other side. Again, I can’t falter here.]
“I was wondering if we couldn’t talk face to face?”
The blonde asked, feeling her characteristic bravado returning with her words.
[If we’re going to talk, at least let’s see each other’s faces.]
“I shalt forgive thine indiscretion if thou art merely finding fault in mine courtesy. This partitioning screen is intended to protect both me and thee... mine magical power is too strong, hence I have the screen as a barrier.”
I didn’t sound like the witch was lying.
[If I feel fear instinctively with that screen between us, what would happen if I faced her full magical power unfiltered?]
Elina couldn’t even begin to imagine.
Probably, she’d be struggling to retain her consciousness.
[In that case...]

She gave one step forward to level herself with Melona, and introduced herself:
“My name is Elina, the youngest daughter of the Earl Vance. My Beautiful Fighter title is the Inescapable Shadow Elina.”
“Ooh... a Beautiful Fighter...”
“The reason why I came here is but one, to have Airi—who you summoned once—summoned again.”
“Airi...?”
“She’s the maid you sent to seek the flute, Mistress.”
The maid who was standing by the witch’s side promptly replied.
“Oh... it’s that amusing child, that’s good, that’s good.”
The witch seemed lost in thought for a second, then continued:
“Then... why dost thou want Airi summoned again?”
“Because she is my slave.”
“What bizarre words thou speak.”
“Why?”
“Is it not me who summoned her and asked her to seek the flute? Therefore, she isn’t thine slave, but mine.”


“That’s all in the past.”
Determined, the blonde went for the clincher.
[Now’s when I turn the situation around.]
“I defeated Airi in Queen’s Blade, and had her become my slave. Despite that, she ended up selfishly disappearing without my permission. That is a serious breach of contract.”
“Queen’s Blade... I see, so that’s what happened.”
The words from Elina might have been convincing enough, for the witch’s tone changed.
“Mine prophecy seems to prove correct...”
“Can you summon Airi again?”
“I’ll grant thine request... Elina? Yes, that was thine name.”

The gentle voice wafted over from beyond the screen.
“I’ll summon Airi again, and we’ll ask her directly who her mistress is. We’ll see whether she chooses thee or me...”
“Cool, isn’t it? You got her to summon Airi.”
Melona whispered softly.
“However, I never said it was free of charge.”
“What kind of compensation do you demand?”
Elina asked, not missing a beat.
[Rulers must make quick decisions. If she asks for something I can’t give her, I’m within my right to refuse.]
“Entertainment.”
“That might pose a problem. I’m no itinerant entertainer.”

Elina was at a loss on how to proceed. She couldn’t think of anything that would work to entertain the other.
“Suggestion here!”
Both the witch and the Vance daughter looked at Melona.
“How about Elina and me fight a Queen’s Blade match?”
“What?”
With a quick movement, Melona’s hand covered Elina’s mouth.
“The battle itself will be good entertainment, I think it’s a kickass idea.”
“Well, that’s good, that’s good. I look forward to it.”
The Swamp Witch accepted the suggestion, and sent a meaningful gaze at the maids.
“Certainly, we’ll prepare it all right away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment