Saturday, September 12, 2020

Queen's Blade Unlimited Story: Chapter 4-1c(1)

After my waifu willingly leaves stage center, does someone just pop up instead?

Enjoy!

Chapter 4: At the Witch’s Den (Part 1)

Protean Assassin Melona (1)


“I’m Elina from the Vance house. I have something to discuss with the Swamp Witch.”
The blonde shouted from across the gate at the maids who stood there, apparently keeping guard.
But there was no reaction from them.
“Can you hear me?”
The two barely turned to look at her, no expression on their faces. For alleged maids like Airi, those inorganic eyes, devoid of any emotions, were a far cry from hers.
“Hahaha, tut-tut, these children are dolls, so they will only react to the witch’s orders, you know.”
A sudden voice came from below the Vance princess, which made her put on her guard.
[Who is this? Last time I checked, there were only the three of us here.]
“Ah~, you don’t have to get so jumpy. I’m not your enemy.”
Under her feet, a pink bubble began burbling and ballooning up. Waving eerily to and fro, it slowly took on a person’s shape.
“W-What are you?”


“I’m Melona.”
No longer a lump of pink, what stood now between Elina and the gate looked to be a girl about her age, with a bountiful body.
[An evil spirit...
I’ve heard about these evil spirits called ‘Shapeshifters’ that can change their form at will. I wouldn’t have believed this girl was a monster if I hadn’t just seen her turn with my own eyes, however.]
“You must be Elina. I’ve heard so much about you from Airi.”
“From Airi?”
[Does she mean Airi was keeping in contact with the witch?]
“Yeah, don’t get angry tho, she wasn’t betraying you. I just pestered her into telling me stuff sometimes.”
As if reading her thoughts, the shapeshifter defended her colleague, a friendly smile on her lips.

Ever since Airi became Elina’s slave, the latter hadn't noticed the maid ever attempting to contact anyone outside of their party.
“Also, as I heard Airi’s tales, I did think it was pretty nice.”
“What was?”
“You know, I kept thinking over and over: ‘I want to travel like Airi’. “
“Hmm.”
Elina gave an indifferent, non committal answer.
[I can’t say I care much about how an evil spirit feels right now.]
“So, I’d like to help you out ‘cause you’re Airi’s friend, if it’s not a bother?”

[This might be a trap. However, now that I got Menace to bring me here, I’m already knee-deep in it anyways.
I’ve made it this far, so if it’s a trap, just bring it on.]
“Let’s assume I accept... just what would you do?”
Elina asked with a sly smile. At this stage, she couldn’t be fussy about who she could ally herself with. If she got anything resembling a chance to meet the witch face to face out of that deal, she could count herself lucky.
“I’ll let you meet the witch.”
Lucky indeed.
“C-Can you do that?”
The blonde was so astonished, the surprised words were out of her mouth before she could even realize.
[Who the hell is this Melona?]

It was amazing how being in Airi’s good graces smoothed things over; the humbling sensation was so overwhelming, her knees started shaking, even.
“I’m not into bragging about things I can’t do. Follow me.”
The evil spirit placed her hand on the gate.
“Welcome back, Lady Melona.”
The maids lowered their head in reverence.
“I’m back~, Mime and Meena. You guys are as stiff as ever, huh. Ah, by the way, I’m bringing someone with me~”
“Certainly.”
Elina hurried after Melona.
The gate, once tightly closed, meant no hindrance to her any longer. The maids bower to her as well, receiving the new guest.
[This is a ruler’s good luck.]
Convincing herself of it, she stepped into the mansion with the shapeshifter.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment