Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Queen's Blade: Curse of the Devil Ring, Ch 2b

Leina fights Melona? Let's hope it doesn't get as crazy as the infamous anime fight!

Enjoy!


[How uncomfortable.]

Airi might have driven a stake into the dryad at the center of the spirit tree and sealed its function as a holy land… but as the wraith she was, it made no difference to her that this place was a dead ground. As proof, she couldn’t materialize her clothes.

If she stayed in that place, she could end up weakening as a wraith.

“It’s forbidden to overstay when a mission ends.”

The redhead muttered, and turned her back to that dryad, a shadow of the old tree’s former self.

“Oh my?”

She hadn’t noticed it on her way in, but something like an epitaph was buried in the indigo covering the surroundings of the dryad.

“What is this?”


Her curiosity piqued, she tried looking at the inscription.

The sentences written in the elven language had deteriorated over time, and had collapsed in places, but she understood that they had been written to thank someone.

“…Eltoria, Shamara, Lushel, in order not to forget the dedication of the 12 maidens and my own sinfulness, stopping my body’s figure from this moment on… their names will be recorded here…”

After she finished reading it, she made a bored expression. Whatever had happened, the one who carved the inscription probably was asking for forgiveness.

“Good grief.”

She shrugged her shoulders, made her body transparent and started her way back to the ground.

 

***

 

[I left it to Leina. That’s why, I can’t turn around now.]

Holding Fio’s hand, she went up to the top in a straight line.

It was the first time Nowa had entered the tree city. Normally, she would either be stopped at the entrance by the gatekeeper, or she’d take some distance herself—unable to withstand the suspicious gazes fixed on her just by the mere act of approaching.

However, there was no gatekeeper now, nor anyone to gaze at her.

[I’m the only one who can bring peace back now.]

As if convincing herself, she stepped into the tree city.

“Say, Nowa, I have a favor to ask.”

When she suddenly heard a voice, she remembered she wasn’t alone.

[Not good. I’m too nervous.]

“What’s wrong, Fio?”

She replied without slowing down her pace.


“You’re nervous, aren’t you?”

“Eh?”

“Your face is stiffer than usual.”

[He can see through me. I guess  it unconsciously ended up showing on my face.]

To show he agreed with the boy, Lou nudged her cheek.

“Calm down. If you get scared, Nowa, I’ll get even more scared.”

His words got a smile out of her.

“Sorry… err… in fact…”

The half-elf confessed that it was her first time visiting the tree city as well.

“Eh?”

He couldn’t believe his ears.

“Where are we going, then?”

“I’m not sure… but, if we reach the assembly hall and meet people from the council, I think we can manage somehow.”

Nowa desperately clung to that idea.


[I thought that if we were to revitalize the spirit tree, we had to make it here somehow… but if I think it through calmly, I don’t know where the assembly hall is, let alone the spirit tree.

Yet, Fio’s following me because he believes in me.]

“That’s why I want to look for the assembly hall first. I might get lost, though.”

“I’m always getting lost myself.”

In contrast with her worries, he just smiled to dissipate the tension.

“Even back then, I wouldn’t have met you if I hadn’t gotten lost in the desert, Nowa… We might run into trouble, but we’ll just manage somehow. Yup, yup.”

His words made her remember how they had met in the first place.

“Also, there’s something I was wondering about. Important-looking buildings like assembly halls, royal buildings and such, they’re usually in the middle of the city, where they can overlook the whole place, aren’t they?”

Lou hopped up and down on her shoulder, agreeing with the boy again.

“Eh? Is that right?”

The half-elf’s expression shone bright when she heard what the monkey was saying.

“Ehehe, it’s like you said, Fio.”

Lou proudly stuck out her chest, crying “Ki-ki”.

“Come to think of it, Lou has come here several times with Captain, haven’t you?”

“You should have had him guide us from the beginning, then!”

Fio’s retort came out louder than he intended.

 

***

 

“Ooh my, that was a bit surprising.”

The woman imitating Airi and facing Leina watched how Nowa and Fio ran, without chasing after them.

“I never expected you to remain here and risk getting lost.”

“Sorry, but I know Fio’s location precisely.”

As long as she held the Sword of the Unicorn, Leina was confident in finding him. The reverse also applied; as long as they kept that bond, they wouldn’t lose sight of each other for long.

“Now then, shall we go with a match?”

The blonde got ready for battle, long sword in hand.

[There’s enough of a distance between us. Whatever movement she can come up with, I’m confident I can cope with it.]

“Hm, that’s right. Just for today, I’ll tell you my real name.”

That body of Airi changed shape again, flabbily, into that pink woman’s form from earlier.


[Apparently, that’s her true shape.]

“Protean Assassin, Melona. That’s my name.”

At the same time she introduced herself, her hand reached for her groin.

“Hm… ah, haa…”

With a face like she was melting, she suspiciously wriggled her fingertips.

“W-What are you doing?”

The place Melona was touching wasn’t somewhere a lady was supposed to touch herself; the heiress involuntarily blushed seeing that unexpected action.

“Nha… it’s finally coming…”

Her fingertips wet with bodily fluids, Melona held out a crystal ball in front of Leina.


“I need to enjoy a fight every now and then.”

The crystal ball shining in her hands proved that she was a Queen’s Blade competitor.

“W-Why’d you take it out from somewhere like that!”

“Like I have a choice. My clothes have no pockets.”

Melona took on a variety of forms, but in a strict sense, she was practically always naked. Whatever she needed to hold on to, she could only keep inside her body.

“Will you accept a preliminary?”

Leina’s answer was already settled.

[With a preliminary battle, I can prevent potential third parties from interfering. Even if I have the Sword of the Unicorn, I’ll have no chance of winning if all the wraiths that have invaded the elven forest charge at me.]


She accepted the other’s challenge, drawing a crystal ball of her own from the pouch by her waist.

“I approve of the skirmish between the Exiled Warrior Leina and the Protean Assassin Melona!”

The balls rose gently from their palms, standing still in the air while projecting magic characters around them.

From then on, the crystal balls would relay their fight from various angles throughout the whole country.

“Skirmish approved!”

The voice of the court magician responsible for the fight echoed around them, and the balls emitted a certain light, materializing the stone statue of a woman hugging two swords. The umpire image that would act as a referee for the match.

The statue slowly landed between the two of them, among a dance of dead leaves.

“The preliminary will begin. I expect both of you to devote yourselves to the fight and give it your best effort.”

A calm voice of a woman sounded beautifully from the referee's image, urging them to fight. She wouldn’t be speaking again until a winner was decided or a malicious intruder trespassed on them.


“Here I come!”

Leina screamed, lowering her sword and running towards Melona.

“Now, come!”

Melona’s arms shook, changing into a big ax.

[She can create weapons at will?]

The blonde stared, wide-eyed, at that unexpected ability of her foe.

[With this, I won’t be able to measure my distance properly.]

In contrast with her confusion, the slime girl showed a composed smile and changed her body even further.

“I have to use a fitting appearance for the weapons I use~”

Shaking gradually, Melona’s look turned into another person’s in the blink of an eye.

“Wha!?”

Seeing the figure of a dwarf girl who had grown innumerable curls of silver hair, Leina couldn’t help a surprised cry escape her lips.

“As I keep saying, my weapons are the best in the world!”

With a cheerful voice, she swung down her weapon.

Leina swung up the sword that was facing downwards, to repel the ax.



[It’s not as strong as it looks.]

Clenching her teeth, she sized her opponent up. ‘Protean Assassin’: her very title indicated that Melona could freely change her appearance at any moment.

“Don’t be confused by your opponent’s looks… is that it?”

With that whisper, she prepared her weapon again.

“Oh myy?”

Her ax parried, Melona transformed into someone else again.

[Should I try attacking before she finishes changing form?]

She decided so, and jumped at the pink girl.

“Hyauh, attacking while I’m in the middle of a transformation is cheating!”

Her opponent’s wrist changed into a pink sword, that received her attack.

[Doesn’t she have any blind spots?]

Unconsciously, the warrior took a step back.

Being capable of ever-changing appearance meant that, in reality, she had no “front” or “back” to speak of.


“In that case…!”

[If she has no blind spots, I can only charge from the front.]

She made up her mind. Focusing on the arm holding her long sword, she pictured something in her head. She recalled the strongest deadly blow she knew, Cattleya’s downswing, and superimposed the image on her own body.

[Go!]

Leina’s eyes were wide open now, setting the aim of her sword on the body of the jiggling creature in front of her.

“Fufun, you finally come? Then, me too!”

Feeling the bloodlust from the Vance daughter, Melona changed her body into a weapon.

[It’s some hammer now. But I’m not afraid. I already confirmed it in our previous exchange: Melona’s weapons aren’t as strong as their appearance suggests.

Miss Cattleya, lend me your strength!]

“Deeyaaaaaaaaah!”

The cry with all of Leina’s fighting spirit behind it resounded through the elven forest.


“Eh!?”

Perhaps overwhelmed by that scream, the shapeshifter’s movements stopped.

*Schlip!*

Melona’s appearance was smashed up, with a feeling like crushing a ripe fruit.

“Oh myy?”

The unexpected lack of resistance threw the blonde off balance, making her stagger for a bit.

“Did I win…?”

She was very close to falling down, but she managed to stand firm. Then, she looked at the puddle of pink spreading under her feet.

[The referee statue isn’t saying anything, and the crystal ball hasn’t returned…]

She hurried to jump back from the pink-colored pool.

“Kyahahaha, nice judgment.”

The puddle of pink began to gather up.

“I was gonna drown you in me if you kept spacing out.”

Slowly, the puddle rose, taking on a person’s shape.


“Now, time to go back to square one!”

“How is that fair?”

Leina screamed despite herself.

[She can’t be cut, and I can’t crush her either. How can I fight an opponent like this?]

“There is no issue. The Protean Assassin Melona has committed no violation. I request that the preliminary continues.”

Responding to the heiress’ cry, the statue spoke in a calm voice.

“You got that right! So, let’s keep going!”

Changing from a flat object to a full 3-dimensional one, like a balloon swelling up, Melona changed her hand into a weapon with a bright smile.

[What do I do?

What CAN I do?]

The warrior slowly measured their distances, long sword in hand.

“If you don’t come get me, I’ll go get you!”

As soon as she said so, the shapeshifter bent her lower body like a spring, and leapt upon Leina with a *boing*.


“Kuh!!”

Reflexively, she stuck out her shield towards the widest surface of her foe’s body.

*Splot!*

The heavy impact made her sink her heels into the ground.

“Nyahahaha, do you intend to keep enduring my attacks?”

Along her laughter, Melona started contracting and then stretching herself. Her whole body flexed like a whip, she started unleashing blows.

“Here we go, one-two, one-two!”

[If I can’t attack her, what can I do?]

While protecting herself with the shield, she replayed her fight with Melona so far in her head.

[Small strikes and sword slashes weren’t very effective. But, the heavy blow with all my power was something entirely different: after taking that blow, she didn’t change into another shape, she turned back to liquid form. Besides, she herself said “back to square one”.

If I drive her into that pool state a few more times, will she be unable to recover?]

“It seems I can only try that.”


Having found a single path to victory, Leina slammed her shield into Melona’s arms, in the middle of her consecutive strikes.

*Splash!*

The pink girl’s arms splattered all around like a pudding split open.

“Wha! So much power all of a sudden!”

The unexpected counterattack threw her opponent for a loop, eyes bulging exaggerating in her surprise.

“How rude!”

Leina wielded her sword in a side blow and caught Melona’s flank. A response like hitting a water-filled leather bag was transmitted to her arms.

“Gyauhn!”

The slime girl screamed as she was blown away, changing her body into a ball and rolling over.

[She might be a difficult opponent, but it’s not like fighting her is hopeless. If I aim at her torso, instead of her limbs, I’ll surely get my chance.

If I can see the scope of her power, I’ll naturally figure out a way to fight her.]

“My turn!”

Leina thrust with her sword, rushing at the foe still rolling like a ball.


“Oh, you suddenly got pumped up!”

Melona smiled delightfully, her head growing up from inside the ball: *poink*.

“Don’t underestimate your opponent!”

The heiress stabbed her sword into the other’s face.

[My opponent is an amorphous creature. Hesitation is my greatest enemy.]

*Thwap!*

With a similar feeling as sticking her sword in a melon full of pulp, the sword pierced between Melona’s eyes and penetrated her head.

“Good, striking without hesitation, I love that.”

The shapeshifter gave a blooming smile, and grabbed Leina’s sword with the pink arms that sprouted from her head.

“But y’know, I don’t like pain after all.”

When the pink head-arms grabbed the other’s weapon, her massive breasts—now freed from the hands’ grasp—trembled under the influence of gravity.

“W-What?”

Not content with only her head-arms grabbing the sword, Melona’s own arms grabbed Leina’s hands. With that, the blonde wouldn’t be able to pull out the sword.


“Now, it’s fun time. Everyone in the Continent, take a good look!”

At the tip of the slime girl’s breasts, the cherry-blossom protrusions began to bulge.

“It can’t be? That…”

Leina averted her eyes unintentionally.

At that moment, a sticky white liquid swiftly jumped out from the very swollen cherry-colored protrusions!

With both hands held down as Leina was, there was no way she could avoid it.

The white liquid splashed on the blonde’s soft skin and armor, flowing over her breasts into the cleavage covered by the armor.

“W-What!”

Unlike the liquid over her soft skin, which flowed smoothly, the bits stuck to her armor made hissing noises, melting the metal.

In an instant, the armor that covered her plump body was melted, leaving only the leather belts behind.

“It’s okay, my stuff is good for the skin.”

With a chuckle, her opponent finally let go of her.

“Kyaah!”



Regaining her freedom abruptly greatly worsened her balance, and the heiress ended up falling on her backside.

Without anything to cover them, every single thing that had been hidden—not only the outline of her luscious breasts, but up to her pretty pink nipples—was now exposed under the broad daylight.

Belatedly realizing what Melona had meant with “fun time”, she hurried to cover her breasts.

“You can’t hide all of them, can you? Or, do you admit defeat?”

Grinning, she thrust her hip at the warrior sitting on her behind.

“Y’know, my solution doesn’t only come from the chest, it can also come from here.”

Leina couldn’t help a frown, understanding what the other meant.

“Unfortunately, I don’t have such hobbies!”

“Even if you don’t, wanna try waking up to it?”

“I refuse!”

Along her yell, she thrust the Sword of the Unicorn, held in a backhand grip, at her opponent.


“Aunh! That’s sudden!”

The grip of the Sword had a similar shape to male genitalia. Given that she was holding it in a backhand grip and the other had pushed out her hip, the grip part happened to hit Melona's crotch directly.

“Ah!”

Leina’s body stiffened at the action she had just done, unintended as it might have been.

“Hyan, s-such…”

On the other hand, Melona, having been stabbed with the Sword, let out an amorous voice, her whole body beginning to shake.

“A-Aaaaaah!”

With a loud, sexy voice, the shapeshifter’s body bulged as if it was boiling.

The Sword’s rear portion might look similar to male genitalia, but when kissed, it had the ability to restore one’s strength and heal any afflictions. If the kisser wasn’t a virgin, Fio—the Sword’s alter ego—would undertake the injury.

And for an amorphous creature without shape like Melona, it wasn’t farfetched to say that her whole body could be considered her lips.


Between her lacking any limit like common creatures and the Sword’s infinite resilience, the slime girl’s body began growing huge at a rate she had never experienced.

“Wha?”

Leina hastily tried to pull back her arm… but far from achieving it, her whole body instantly dug into Melona in a flash.

[I’m going to get eaten!]

Feeling a primal fear, Leina let out a short shriek. However, the shriek also got dragged into the other’s body, and was drowned out.

Her sight was quickly dyed pink.

[I’m going to drown!]

“Aah, no, I can’t take it anymore!”

Only Melona’s voice sounded firm. Her head, swollen like a balloon, was much higher; Leina couldn’t see it anymore, digging into her body as she was.

“This is… my limit already!”

The shapeshifter’s body split open along with her scream.


“Buhaah!”

Released, Leina took a deep breath, as if she had been dreaming.

“What happened?”

Still holding the Sword of the Unicorn, she went down on her knee, making a sticky sound when she hit the floor.

Pink jelly scattered around her, evaporating as it trembled.

“The Protean Assassin Melona can’t continue fighting. Winner: Leina, the Exiled Warrior!”

The referee statue announced the end of the battle, and disappeared inside a magic circle.

At the same time, the crystal ball returned to her hand, words announcing her victory written in magical characters.

“It seems I was able to win somehow… oh my?”

Leina looked at the Sword of the Unicorn, and noticed an unfamiliar decoration attached to it: a jet black ring was fitted as if tightened around the handle.

And that wasn’t all; the decoration extending from the ring was blocking the hole that proved it was a serenading blade.


“I never noticed…”

[I don’t remember having let go of the Sword. The only moment such a suspicious thing could have been attached, was during the brief moment when I was drawn into Melona’s body.]

Leina reached out to try and remove it.

“Ouch.”

The moment her finger touched the ring, she felt pain as if she had been pricked with a needle.

[Something bothersome got attached to this.]

“…First of all, I have to join up with them.”

[I can’t deal with the ring here, so I should follow Nowa and Fio, who went on ahead.]

The blonde wrapped her remaining loincloth around her chest, and pushed the Sword into her rich cleavage.

She closed her eyes, devoting herself to the wave that was transmitted through.

“This way.”

Looking up at one part of the tree city, Leina started running without hesitation.


No comments:

Post a Comment